We’ve blogged about our Environmental Finance Report before, and it’s time to once again!
Right off the bat, we want to say that our customers are leading the way in creating a better, more sustainable future—and we proudly support them. As of 2011, we’ve provided more than $11.7 billion in loans and investments to businesses and projects with a direct positive impact on the environment.
A few of the highlights of the 2011 Environmental Finance Report (PDF*) include:
- Approximately $450 million in capital deployed to solar photovoltaic projects, doubling total investment in the sector to more than $900 million
- Approximately $200 million in wind project investments, increasing total wind investment to date to more than $1.6 billion
- Over $1.5 billion in loans to LEED®-certified commercial buildings and community development projects
- More than $150 million in loans to commercial banking and community banking cleantech customers
In addition to increasing our financial commitments, we continue to expand new product offerings—such as renewable energy construction financing and cleantech insurance brokerage—while building upon the traditional banking services that we offer customers.
If you’re interested, we definitely encourage you to read the report for more details. You can also email us. And please keep those comments and questions coming!
* You will need Adobe® Reader® to view PDF files. Download Adobe Reader.