It feels like summer ended yesterday and yet we are fast approaching the end of October. This means Halloween is right around the corner. As an adult, I have come to love Halloween more now than when I was a trick-or-treating ninja. Here are a few reasons why this holiday has made it to the top of my list:
- Ever wonder what it would be like to be a member of your favorite rock band? Or Big Bird for a day? Halloween is a free pass to be anything for the day. Let’s face it, as adults we don’t have a lot of opportunities to dress up and be as ghoulish, silly or ridiculous as we want to be.
- Can you say SWEET?! Yes, I can eat all the sweets I want on Halloween. Or so I tell myself.
- A legitimate reason to come together and celebrate without all the formalities of the traditional holiday.
If this isn’t reason enough to make it to the top holidays list, I’m not sure what is.
On to an important component of this holiday: what to be? With the annual costume party I attend just a few days away, I need to come up with a costume and quickly! Here are a few costume ideas I am considering:
- An angry unicorn. I’m still trying to figure out how to make hooves, maybe I’ll cut the bottoms out of some plastic cups. And I might bring some unicorn poop for authenticity.
- Washer/dryer combo, I need a partner to complete the combo idea. So far, no takers. No one seems to think this is a good idea.
- Nicki Minaj, what can I say? It is hard to pass on the opportunity to dress up as an over the top hip hop star.
What are you going to be this Halloween? Please share but be aware, I may “borrow” your ideas.
Whatever you choose to be or do this Halloween, happy trick-or-treating!